Home > CSR > CSR Report 2012 > CSR Management
The Sumitomo Forestry Group's corporate philosophy advocates utilizing timber as a renewable, healthy, and environmentally friendly natural resource, and contributing to realizing a prosperous society through all types of housing-related services. In order to realize this philosophy and to develop corporate integrity deserving of the trust of society, it is imperative to achieve a balance among the three CSR aspects of economic, social contribution, and environmental activities. In this context, so that each and every employee can consider the significance of their own tasks, behavior, and interaction with society from a CSR perspective, as well as respond to the expectations of society, we have formulated a statement entitled “Our Work and CSR.” As a point of reference for Group employees for what should be considered as most important in relation to their actions, we formulated the statement, “Our Values and Ideals.”
The Sumitomo Forestry Group utilizes timber as a renewable, healthy, and environmentally friendly natural resource, and contributes to a prosperous society through all types of housing-related services.
- Sumitomo Spirit
- We conduct business that is beneficial to society based on the principles of integrity and sound management.
- Respect for
- We work to create an open and inclusive corporate culture that values diversity.
- Environmental Responsibility
- We are dedicated to effectively addressing environmental issues with the aim of achieving a sustainable society.
- Putting Customers
- We are thoroughly committed to customer satisfaction through the provision of high-quality products and services.
Our Work and CSR
By utilizing Sumitomo Forestry's unique expertise on timber and housing, we intend to create “spiral of happiness,” based on the keywords of “utilization,” “development,” and “bringing together,” that will lead to the individual development of employees, customers, local communities and the earth's environment.
Joy in Utilizing Sustainable Resources
- 1. Utilize Timber
- 2. Utilize Forests
- 3. Utilize Traditions
Joy in Development
- 1. Nurture Families
- 2. Develop Homes
- 3. Foster Communities
Joy in Bringing People Together
- 1. Bring Employees Together
- 2. Bring Society Together
- 3. Bring the World Together
Our Values and Ideals
We have thoroughly reviewed our Ethical Charter and Ethical Action Guidelines and following discussions among Group employees, we have reformulated the Action Guidelines into three pillars, which constitute our ethical core, and created 15 priority items.
1. Inspire Emotion
- 1. Customer Satisfaction
- 2. Partnership
- 3. Independence and Support
- 4. Freedom and Vigor
- 5. Reflection and Learning
2. Blaze a Trail to the Future
- 1. Sustainable Development
- 2. Respect for Families
- 3. Accumulation and Creation
- 4. Giving Back to the Community
- 5. Environmental Responsibility
3. Act with Dignity
- 1. Passing on Sumitomo’s Business Spirit
- 2. Legal Compliance
- 3. Information Handling
- 4. Respect for Human Rights and Diversity
- 5. Autonomous Actions
- Sumitomo Forestry has a global scope and vision and is a leading Japanese company that I am proud of. (Customer)