Sumitomo Forestry Co., Ltd. ("the Company") adheres to the laws and ordinances and other norms pertaining to the protection of personal information with respect to the personal information of customers, other parties with which it has business relationships, employees, etc., that it handles in the course of its business activities, and shall formulate internal rules and establish structures for the protection of personal information. For that purpose the Company hereby lays down the Personal Information Protection Policy set out below, and declares that this policy shall be implemented and also revised and improved continuously.
- The Company shall lay down internal rules such as rules for the protection of personal information, shall ensure that all Company employees (officers, full-time employees, staff employed on a contract basis, temporary staff, part-time staff, etc.) and other persons involved are made thoroughly acquainted with them, and shall implement them.
- The Company shall formulate and implement appropriate information-security measures such as those to address illegal access and computer viruses, in order to prevent the loss, destruction, tampering, leakage, etc., of personal information.
- When acquiring personal information, the Company shall do so in a lawful and fair manner and shall state explicitly to, or notify, each person to whom personal information pertains ("the Principal") of the purpose of use, etc., of that personal information, or shall announce this publicly on the Company's website.
- The Company shall restrict the use of personal information to what is necessary for the performance of its business within the bounds of the purpose of use of that information, and shall not use personal information for any purpose other than its purpose of use unless the consent of the Principal is given in advance.
- Unless the consent of the Principal is given in advance, the Company shall in principle not provide personal information to a third party.
- In cases such as those in which the Company provides personal information to a third party that it commissions to undertake some business activity on its behalf, or in which personal information is used jointly with an affiliate of the Company, the Company provides the personal information only to persons that it deems appropriate, and only as necessary for the performance of its business and as recognized by law. In these cases the Company shall conclude the necessary confidentiality agreements with the third parties to which it consigns business and shall take other measures required by law.
- The Company shall, with respect to personal information that it holds, put in place a structure to enable it to respond promptly in the event that the Principal requests disclosure, amendment, suspension of use, etc.
- The Company shall endeavor to deal appropriately and quickly with any complaint concerning its handling of personal information, and shall put in place a structure for this purpose.
April 1, 2005
Sumitomo Forestry Co., Ltd.